First Black Hat Coin! TORCOIN - Reliable and Safe! Recommended by BBH Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Facebook Twitter Reddit StumbleUpon
Some 'must know' things about using proxies
01-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Some 'must know' things about using proxies
Hey there Smile

I want to share with you all the small knowledge I have about proxies and my personal experience. I'll start from the basics.

What is a proxy and why do I use them?

Well, a proxy server is like an intermediary between your browser and the websites you surf. What they do is to send your requests to websites using their IP and then send you the website answer. Proxies are a way to hide your real IP or change it or whatever. They are useful if you want to bypass local firewalls, if you want to 'for example' claim multiple times from a faucet without waiting an entire hour (hehe Tongue ) and if you just want to hide your IP and surf the web anonymously.

Is a proxy enough to make the websites think that multiple users are visiting it instead of being a single one running multiple browser instances?

NOPE, unfortunately Sad Proxies are very easy to set up and use and have been existing since a long time ago... So websites know how to detect if their traffic is legit or not. Even if they don't know if a user is using a proxy.

What 'leaks' do websites can use to detect us?

There are many. I know how to prevent 4 of them. Probably the most important ones but they are not enough to fool some websites (they are enough for others though).

- Flash player: I don't know the technical aspects about this but what I understood is that Flash can leak your real IP to websites even if you are using a proxy. I think that it is because Flash communications don't go through the proxy server. SOLUTION: Uninstall Flash player.

- WebRTC: If I knew nothing about how flash leaks your IP I know less about how this thing does it. But the fact is that it does. I don't know what it is exactly but just disable it. You can do it manually or you can dowload the extension I use to do so. It is called 'Disable WebRTC'.

- Canvas Fingerprint: As far as I know this is related with how your computer process the information it receives. It is like a fingerprint, there are not two equal fingerprints in all the entire world. I thought that looking this kind of things was such elaborated thing for websites but no, they actually check canvas fingerprints. This is a problem if you want to, 'for example', run multiple bots at the same time on the same website. Even if you are using different IPs, blocking webRTC communications, disabling Flash and all that stuff your computer processes the information the same way on each instance, so you are exposed. SOLUTION: I use another mozilla addon called 'No canvas Fingerprinting' by MultiLoginApp. What it does is to randomize a false fingerprint. There are other addons which just block canvas fingerprinting from being sent.

- Using a good proxy service: Of course. There are many different kind of proxies. From transparent ones to fully anonymous ones. I bought 20 shared proxies to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and they work really well. They have a 3 days refund policy If you don't like them too. It is around 5$ 10 proxies for a month. I'll post here other proxy services some day so you can compare.

And that is all by the moment. I'm thinking in making a bunch of posts and threads here about how to set up multiple proxies, camouflaging your browsers, running multiple bots at the same time, etc... Keep tuned Big Grin

PS: If you know something about what I wrote above and want to complement or correct what I said feel free to post reply Smile

Useful things:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like btcludo's post
Advertisement
24-11-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: Some 'must know' things about using proxies
I don't know much about browsing anonymously, i picked that paranoia recently... but i bought a subscription with proXPN for 60 $ per year... so far it is great. I had to find a referral on some website or blog but i forgot where... saved me about 20%. and just downloaded the add ons you mentionned so thanks.

maduvan, Member of Bitcoin Black Hat since Nov 2016.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ✔✔ CHEAP DEDICATED HIGH QUALITY PRIVATE PROXIES ✔✔ captchacoin 0 108 13-04-2017 01:02 PM
Last Post: captchacoin
  The Most Advanced Dedicated Private Proxies Online! captchacoin 0 252 23-03-2017 04:53 AM
Last Post: captchacoin